18 Apr Royal Springs in Live Oak, FL. Suwannee County
Royal Springs in Live Oak, FL. Suwannee County
One of the numerous and many springs in our wonderful area of North Florida is Royal Springs. It is officially known as the Hugh Byron Hollingsworth, Sr. County Park. Royal Springs has a beautiful little park area under an oak tree canopy with covered picnic areas, tables, charcoal grills, paved side walks, and even a concreted boat ramp for boating access to the Suwannee River. The spring itself has several sets of stairs, steps, and a diving platform. Various walking trails throughout the nearby wooded areas exist as well.
Royal Springs may be moderately busy during the summer months, but there is a size-able parking area for visitors and boat launchers. It is well known to local residents but is a bit off the beaten trail. Royal is a favorite for its wooden diving platform and rope-swing off of a large Cypress tree at the corner of the spring pool.
Beauty in North FL
One of the coolest features of this park is the water run-off from the spring into the Suwannee River where a short creek forms of crystal clear water, makes a few short waterfalls (Depending on river height) and then empties out into the tea colored water of the Suwannee River. At the bottom of the page you’ll find directions and other information about this park. You should also check out the full photo gallery of this beautiful park and local resource right below;
Directions and Other Information about Royal Springs:
- Travel Time: 30 Minutes from Live Oak, FL. 20 Minutes to Branford, FL.
- Park Type: County, Suwannee
- Accessed via: Dirt road
- Site Address: 20091 157th Lane. O’Brien, FL 32071
- Directions: Take US 129 South from Live Oak, Right onto 11th Street, Take SR51 South at Round-a-bout, Left onto CR 349, cross over CR 252 and continue on CR 349. Right onto 198th Terrace, follow to sign for Royal Springs, make left and enter park.
- Amenities: Portable restrooms, picnic areas, tables, grills, parking, boat ramp, board walks.
- Fee: No
Property Near Royal Springs For Sale:
If you found this page useful and would like see land nearby for sale, or homes for sale nearby follow the links. We’d be ever grateful for your business and opportunity to serve you!